?r. Savin Kovachev was born on 17th September 1961 in Pazardzhik, Bulgaria.
He has a degree in Law from Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
Mr. Savin Kovachev has been appointed as a Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Public Works of the Republic of Bulgaria in August 2005. As a Deputy Minister, Mr. Kovachev is in charge of the coordination and supervision of the activities of the following directorates at the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works:
? Concessions Directorate;
? Spatial Planning and Projects Directorate;
? National Construction Supervision Directorate.
• 01.09.2001 - 2003 - Chief expert advisor to the Parliamentary committee for local self-government, regional policy and urban development;
• 1999 - 2001 - Attorney in Sofia Bar Association;
• 1997 - 1999 - Head of the Legal Department at the Diplomatic Corps Servicing Office Department;
• 1995 - 1997 - Head of Local authority and self-government directorate in Ministry of territorial development and construction, transformed in MRDPW;
• 1991 - 1995 - Chief expert in Ministry of territorial development, house policy and construction;
• 1987 - 1991 - Expert in Territorial and municipal structure committee at The Council of Ministers (Legal department), transformed into Ministry of construction and architecture.